Friday, January 11, 2008

Audrey's fixation with purple continues

For about the last year and a half I have promised Audrey that I would paint her room. Well, we finally got the paint on the day after Christmas. (DH had a Lowes gift card to spend.) We take her to the paint section, and she tells us she wants a purple room with red polka dots. Just so you know she has green carpet that is really ugly, so I wasn't so sure about purple with red dots on the wall. She was adamant that she have purple walls. She chose a color called Grapalicious. At least we talked her out of the red polka dots.
As you know from my blog I'm a bit of a procrastinator, so I just started painting today. My kid has color sense. I was still a little worried about the purple with the green carpet, but I painted the accent wall in the dressing room of her room. I was amazed how well it warmed up the room. It looks great. DH came in and was amazed on how just painting that one wall made such a difference to the room. I should have taken pictures of before and after, but hindsight is always 20/20. Her bedroom has two walls that are mostly windows, so I have decided to do her entire room in the purple. It's a bright room and can handle a strong color. When she gets home from school today she will be so psyched!
Now I just have to paint the bedroom, find fabric for curtains and duvet covers and sew those right up. What have I gotten myself into.

No comments: